Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas Remembered

Pasadena, CA -- For the last decade or more, media, schools and other institutions have been substituting "Merry Christmas" for "Happy Holidays." We are told that by saying "Merry Christmas," it may offend those that may not recognize or celebrate Christmas. Yet I bet most that make that claim receive "Christmas presents."

I am now 52 years old and not once in my travels have I been asked not to mentioned the name Christmas. In fact, I go out of my way to say "Merry Christmas" to all strangers and business customers in Los Angeles.

This year in particular, I've noticed more and more department store employees using the salutation of "Merry Christmas." How refreshing! Those that do say "Happy Holidays," I will usually say "Merry Christmas" back or ask them what holiday they are referring to. In every instance so far..., they smile (as if I gave them permission), and say "Merry Christmas" back to me.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

No comments: