Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Birdman of The Crown City


Pasadena -- He wears a crown of feathers, five of which he said he collected today.

I was stopped at a traffic light on my way home from work when I saw this gentleman walking his dog across the street. I put down the window, and yelled out to the smiling gent, "I love your hat--you've got quite a collection there!"

He stopped in his tracks and walked over to my car. The light was still red as I listened to his story. Then, the light turned green and I quickly asked if I could take his photo.

"Of course," he said without hesitation. "Oh, and my name is Duane; I work as a volunteer three days a week at City Hall and the Police department."

Commuters behind me knew what we were doing and displayed much-appreciated patience despite that the light had turned green some time earlier.

No comments: