Monday, December 14, 2009

A Face in the Crowd

When I am not working, I am carrying my camera. I walked into a Target store the other day and decided to bring the D90. After 45 minutes of browsing the isles, I came away with no images. Recently, I happened upon a group of kids on a field trip. I parked the car, pulled out the camera and--without permission--took a few dozen portraits of kids. One teacher finally asked who I was. I handed her my DailyPhotoLA calling card and I told her that I am giving away photos today and told her how to contact me.

For the record, I don't always shoot first and then beg forgiveness--especially with kids. However, I will often give a little nod and hold up my camera, shoot, and say, "Thank you."

4 comments:

Tash said...

She's lovely.
Thanks for the tip -- I shoot people on the sly most of the time...therefore not getting their best side in the photos.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful child.

magicpolaroid said...

great portrait!

Petrea Burchard said...

It's an interesting question--especially with kids. I want so much to photograph them but don't want to invade their privacy. Then of course I have the problem Tash mentions--I don't get the best photos.