Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another Section of Historic Route 66

I shot this while waiting for the Metro Gold Line to pass under me. I was standing on the Fair Oaks Blvd bridge near the South Pasadena and Pasadena border (yes, they are two separate cities).

The Route 66 section of Fair Oaks continues north towards the mountains shown above, and turns right heading east on Colorado Boulevard made famous for the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade.

There is enough history and photo opportunities to fill a month of daily photos. Our prolific photographer and writer-friend, Laurie Allee at Glimpses of South Pasadena, has featured plenty about the history and charm of this part of town.

2 comments:

Hope said...

Route 66! You are living a dream to be able to drive this road and capture these wonderful photos. I love the photo of Gus's BBQ with the Route 66 sign in the foreground. Once again, I love your blog!

I'll wait patiently for anymore future Route 66 posts and photos!

Btw, I will miss your blog for the next couple of weeks. We're heading down to Florida for a trip to Walt Disney World. I won't have internet access....so will have to catch up when I return back home to Tennessee.

In the meantime....Merry Christmas!

Laurie Allee said...

Thanks so much for the shout out! Love these images from my neck o' the woods!