Thursday, January 7, 2010

High Fashion Pedestrians

Long Beach, CA -- The light turned red and I was in a hurry. I slammed on my brakes and and let out a few words under my breath.

I glanced to my left to see two smiling seniors standing, waiting for the signal to turn green. I reached back for my camera on the floor of the back seat, rolled down my window and prepared to steal a shot. Then I decided to practice what I preach and I yelled out to the jovial couple and asked if I could take their picture. Both of them smiled, raised their hands and thanked ME for thinking of them!

9 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Fun shot! Thank you. Great couple.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Someone needs to tell that guy that peace sign belt buckles are sooooo 70's!

Too cute!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Totally crackin' me up. Not their appearances, but their happy smile for the camera!!

gogouci said...

I hope they found their time machine back to the 70's.

Eleonora Baldwin said...

I like these two. Trendy in their retro rayon-fest 70s outfits and smiling at your request.

I've noticed how the more folks creep towards older age, the bigger the need for bags and totes. I wonder if this is dictated by the desire to carry one's posessions closer, feeling that somehow the end is nearing.
The couple you captured is taking a walk in their colorful attire and both carry interesting bags.

Very sweet. I want to cuddle them. Does that sound weird?

Unknown said...

Eleonora, Big fiber, grocery bags are fairly popular due in part to the push toward eliminating waste. Many companies give them away or sell them for 1 dollar. I think you are right though, old folks do tend to carry more with them. Some also become a little more eccentric in their dress and sometimes more happy-go-lucky. These people were are truly happy, and I am sure they would love a hug from anyone willing to give it to them!

Anonymous said...

I think you made their day a little brighter, if that could be done.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I wonder if he realized that the peace sign belt buckle is upside down. Nice to know that people over the age of 25 live in LA : )

Unknown said...

Bfarr, You noticed the upside down buckle too. And, "Yes," there is a huge senior population. I will be one of them someday soon!