Friday, January 22, 2010

Rainbow Valley

When I took this photo, there was actually a rainbow in the distance. My camera didn't pick up the colors very well but I thought this 12-month-old photo was appropriate for the day. Today, Southern California has experienced one of the best rain storms in many years; five-days of hard-driving rain. According to my rain gauge, I show about 7-inches accumulated.

The news makers love the sensational stories, photos and video. We all love the freshness of the storms, not to mention the prospect of ending our drought. I do feel for those who have had their lives disrupted by the series of back-to-back storms.

As for Rainbow Valley, I may have to take a detour someday and see if it lives up to it's name.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

I think this is an excellent image even without the rainbow.